While our home is one of the most expensive investments that we’ll ever have, most people do not properly maintain them. Whether you need foundation repair, a new roof or new plumbing, one item that often taken for granted is the need for making an electrical repair.
In order to prevent fire or electrical incidents, such as shock, sparks or a surge, you’ll need to hire a licensed electrician, such as ElectriCall to make the proper repairs. This is why having a well maintained electrical system at home is truly worth it and necessary if you want to avoid any tragic incidents from happening. Electrical problems are to be taken seriously.
Again, more often than not, an electrical problem can potentially cause serious issues and thereby necessitates timely electrical repair. As soon as you notice the following early warning signs, call a reliable home electrical repair service nearby right away:
BURNING ODOR. If you noticed the scent of burning rubber or plastic in your household, it could be that the wires are starting to burn from producing too much heat. This is clear enough to put your house on fire. Although issues like this need to be dealt with by a certified electrician, it is extremely important that you turn off the circuit breaker right away before the problem escalates.
BUZZING NOISES. Although most issues in the electrical system do not produce a buzzing noise, if the noise comes from your outlets or electrical devices, then it definitely warrants urgent attention.
A buzzing noise can be a sign that there is loose wiring in your circuit box, leaving the cover plates hot and unable to be touched. When you notice one, seek an electrician right away and have the electrical company test it with the right tools and equipment.
LIGHTING ISSUES. Although a flickering or dimming light is usually triggered by improper installation, if two or more bulbs are flickering, it could indicate an overloaded or loose connected circuit. To rule out the first, try reinstalling the bulbs. Make sure they are tightened onto their sockets.
LOOSE POWER OUTLETS. A loose power outlet could mean there is a loose connection. This clearly is a hazard that needs to be addressed urgently especially if you have kids at home. Leaving it unresolved can increase the risk of being electrocuted.
REPEATED BLOWN FUSES. An isolated blown fuse is not alarming but if the issue recurs, an electrical repair may be necessary. Frequently blown fuses are usually caused by an exposed wire, an outdated panel, or an underlying dangerous issue in the wiring.
SHOCK UPON UNPLUGGING. A shock from a normal static level may not raise the alarm unless it is experienced from an electrical outlet. As this is a serious threat to health and safety, having your electrical system inspected the soonest time possible is necessary.
SPARKS OR ARCS. Sparks or arcs of electricity usually indicate an existing build-up of excessive heat as a result of exposed wires. They necessitate urgent attention to avoid melted outlets or fire. While the problem is best managed by a licensed electrician, as a resident, shutting off the power circuit breaker is the first thing you must do to temporarily end the risk of fire.
Even a short delay in fixing your electrical problems at home can already pose serious threats not just to yourself and your family but also to your properties. Never let this happen. For reliable electrical repairs, give us a call at ElectriCall. We have a team of certified electricians seasoned and committed to doing the job with quality and affordability for years now. Call us today!