Fire-related incidents continue to rise worldwide. In the United States alone, statistics show that an average of 45,000 to 55,000 house fires take place in the United States annually. While a percentage of these were due to negligence, the majority of the cases are said to be caused by faulty or old wirings. With that said, homeowners in the state of Colorado are advised to ensure that their electrical systems go well with whatever upgrade in appliances, gaming, or home systems they have. Electrical wiring replacement or a major electrical upgrade conducted by a licensed electrician may be necessary especially if such appliances consume bigger electrical loads.
When is electrical wiring replacement really needed? As per the experts, below are the best times to call a reliable Arvada electrical service company like ElectriCall for an electrical upgrade:
1. Your tripper breaks or your fuses blow from time to time. A regularly blowing fuse or tripping breaker is one of the major signs that your current electrical system can no longer take the load demand at home. As any delay in addressing such issues can increase your house’s chances of catching fire, it is always best to act on the problem with urgency.
2. Your home is already 50 years old at the least. If your house falls under this condition, then chances are your electrical wireworks are already old and outdated. Always think and act steps ahead; consider calling a licensed Arvada electrician right away to have your system properly evaluated.
3. Your lights flicker or dim whenever you switch on an appliance. This could be an indication that your outdated electrical wiring can no longer supply sufficient power inside your home.
4. Your outlets have burnt or scorched marks or stains. This can be a result of power surges. If not addressed on time, the next surge might be enough to cause a fire.
5. Extension cords are getting more visible in your area. Although extension cords are a convenient solution to a shortage of power outlets, using them also comes with hazards that might leave you regretting why you had decided to use them in the end.
Consider updating your electrical system instead of investing in these temporary workarounds. Your trusted electrical contractor will make sure that enough outlets are properly wired and installed in strategic locations you will specify.
If the above-mentioned signs are present in your area, then your home will definitely need an electrical wiring upgrade. Here is where you may also want to consider having copper wires installed instead of aluminum. What is the difference?
Back in the days, aluminum wiring was more commonly used than copper in houses and commercial establishments primarily because the former was cheaper. However, in terms of safety, aluminum was far inferior. Moreover, aluminum is known to be corrosive and unmalleable unlike copper, thus is clearly a lousy conductor. This makes copper far ideal and safer for electrical wiring.
Another risk of using aluminum wiring is the fact that it is highly electrical resistant. This hinders the current to flow through the circuit at an optimum. Thus, an aluminum-wired home can be far prone to electrical losses, unlike copper wires. If you think that your home may still be using aluminum wires, do note that getting an electrical wiring upgrade is vital to ensure your family and property’s safety against fire and other electrical hazards. Do not hesitate to give us a call at ElectriCall for your electrical wiring upgrade and other electrical service needs. We can schedule an estimate for your upgrade asap; your safety is our topmost priority. We’ve been the most trusted electrician in Arvada and Denver, Colorado for a reason.