How to transform your home into a smart home? The concept of smart homes made a sudden shift in the way we practiced our day-to-day activities. The growth of technology and the rapid emergence of electrical companies are the main contributors to these changes. Smart speakers like Alexa and Nest have become an irresistible part of our homes now.
But the real question still exists, are our homes completely smart?
No, there is more to go. We can do a lot more with the current technologies than ask ‘Alexa’ for the weather status. You can completely control all your home’s electrical appliances with your smartphone; all you have to do is electrically automate your home.
Continue reading to know how to transform your sweet home into a smart home.
What is a smart home?
How to transform your home into a smart home? Let us begin from the basics; a smart home is the coolest and the most convenient place to live in. From opening the lock of your home to vacuuming your carpets, a smart home will do everything on its own.
Picture this scenario; you are expecting some parcel at your home address while out of town. Wouldn’t it be nice if you had a system to monitor the arrival of parcels?
That is exactly what smart homes enable you to do; you can monitor your house from any part of the world. All you need is electrical automation from a trusted electrical company.
How does the Internet help?
The smart home was a futuristic concept, and it wouldn’t have been possible without the internet. You can connect electrical appliances and devices through the internet and monitor them remotely.
You can turn any electrical appliance, including lights and thermostat, on and off while you are away from home. You can also connect the security cameras and monitor your home through your smartphone. And for that, you should have a good internet connection active in your home 24-7.
Electrical Automation for Homes
Electrical automation is the next step once you set up a good internet connection for your home. The following are the three components that enable the electrical automation of your home.
- Sensors: These are the eyes and ears of your smartphone; they will keep a check on the temperature, light motion, humidity, and contact.
- Controllers: This feature allows you to turn the devices and electrical equipment on and off according to your requirement.
- Actuator: It is the component that makes your electrical appliances and devices work according to the commands by the controller.
Suppose you are away from home, using your smartphone you can analyze the situations; then, you can give instructions to your devices using the controller, and the actuator makes your appliances perform.
Types of Automation
You can electrically automate your house in any of the following ways:
- Scheduling: You can set the schedule for each device in your house. If the internet is connected, the devices will automatically perform the actions at the scheduled time, even in your absence. For instance, you can set a time for vacuuming daily, and the machine will start automatically at that time.
- Triggering: This is where your electrical appliances automatically work when certain conditions are met. For example, you can set your AC in a way that it turns on when someone’s there in the room. Thus, when you come to your room from outdoors, you don’t have to worry about turning on the AC.
Devices under your control
By now, you must know that you can make your home smart with the service of electrical companies. But do you know which devices you can control with automation?
From Light bulbs to your home security system, you can control a great range of electrical equipment. All you have to do is check for good electrical companies near Denver to examine the compatibility of devices.
Here is how you can automate different devices at home:
- Security system: When you set up a security system for your home, make sure it is connected to Wi-Fi. That way, you will get a live feed from the camera, and you can also talk through the intercom.
- Light system: A residential electrician can automate the lighting of your home to turn it on and off according to your need.
- Data Cables: Data cables are an integral part of electrical automation. The ethernet cables ensure a strong internet connection between devices. The connection will go to different devices from a central hub to facilitate automated performance.
Make your home smart.
How to transform your home into a smart home? Automation is the first step to making your home bright and getting your work done even when not there. Your job is easier if you live in Denver as you have Electricall to help you with electrical connections.
Our experienced residential electrician comes to your home, inspects the connection, and sets up a hub for centralization. That way, you can easily automate your electrical appliances with your mobile and enjoy the sweetness of a smart home.