Electrical issues often scare potential homebuyers. Hiring an electrical service in Arvada to repair any electrical problems in your home is one of the upgrades home buyers should not have to request. Here are electrical problems that will destroy your home sale, hence should definitely be avoided.
- Outdated wiring systems. Old electrical wirings are often the culprit for house fires. To entice more potential buyers to pay top dollar for your home, increase the home’s safety feature. Replace old wiring systems and make sure electrical outlets are not faulty.
- Not enough outlets. One thing potential home buyers do not want to deal with is battling the insufficient amount of power outlets. To impress them, make sure every room in your home has outlets that could cater to their appliances, devices, gadgets, light fixtures and more. It is always convenient to have enough power outlets.
- As per building codes, all wirings should run through electrical panels. Any visible DIY electrical work that is not done up to standards can destroy your home sale. Some factors you should consider when doing electric panel replacement include the size of the panel, the materials to be used, and model. Of course, you should also check its functionality or features.
- Double tapping the circuit breakers. This basically means that multiple wires are attached to one circuit breaker that cannot handle the capacity. This issue is often present in older homes and must be checked by qualified electricians like ElectriCall LLC.
- Substandard electrical routing. Another red flag that could send homebuyers home is poorly routed electrical wiring. There are specific codes and practices for routing electrical wires. Cables must be placed in safe zones and not exposed. And they should not be positioned against sharp edges. If you think you need an electrical repair service in Arvada, we are the team to work with!
- Not doing aluminum wiring repair. Another electrical problem that could have detrimental consequences is not repairing or replacing outdated wirings such as made from aluminum. This kind of electrical conductor tends to get damaged easily so inspection and maintenance is definitely a must.
- Over Customizing. Ironically, overly customizing the electrical system of the home can also make buyers become reluctant to purchase the property. Electrical systems need not be fancy. As long as they are optimized to give high-performance, reliable, safe, and can accommodate the needs of the residents, that should be enough.
- Not replacing painted outlets. If you think this is an inexpensive alternative to somehow upgrade the curb appeal of the home, you are wrong. If anything, one proof that a home is poorly renovated can be seen on painted outlets. Instead of being impressed, home buyers will be turned off. Paint can affect the functionality of an outlet. It poses safety concerns since it can contribute to overheating and fire.
- Missing GFCIs. Outlets in the kitchen, bath, basement, garage, or locations near a water plumbing should be GFCI equipped. This device will help prevent exposure to electrical shock once the electrical system fails or when it gets wet. It is common for residential homes to have GFCIs protection, so to avoid eyebrows raising, make the necessary upgrade.
- Not fixing reversed polarity outlets. Although it sounds like a small issue, not correcting it could be dangerous. Appliances could get damaged and plugging electrical devices could shock someone. However, unlike other electrical issues, this is not something that is visible or can be detected right away. Hiring an Arvada electrician nearby is crucial for testing and repairing of outlets. Expert electricians like ElectriCall LLC can easily identify and correct the situation.
- Exposed wirings and splices. Aside from the obvious safety risks, exposed electrical wirings creates an eyesore in the house. Any homebuyer will not be pleased with such sight.
- Missing electrical panel components. Residential electrical panels are usually rectangular in shape and have two sets of electrical knockouts which are basically openings on the top, bottom, or sides of the electrical panels where wires are inserted. According to residential codes, these knockouts should have plugs snapped into place, especially when not in use.
- Overlamping or using light bulbs that are incompatible with the light sockets or fixtures. More often than not, home sellers use high voltage light bulbs during home staging to brighten the interior of the house and create a more appealing effect to attract more buyers. That is very dangerous because such incompatibility can quickly deteriorate the electrical cables.
Avoid these electrical problems that will devalue your property. Some of these issues make the structural integrity of the home below the standards, hence will put the safety of the potential homebuyer at risk. Safety and comfort must be the top priority during and after the sale of home.
Hire our pro electricians in Arvada! Electrical problems can create inconveniences to both the home seller and potential homebuyer. Get in touch with ElectriCall and we will help you assess the electrical system of your home.
Electrical defects can be corrected by ElectriCall LLC. As a team, we have seen and fixed a variety of electrical challenges that contributed to the success of a home sale.