DIY, or Do-It-Yourself, the method has been a thing for those who are bored, curious, looking to build or achieve a solution at a cheaper cost. However, this does not apply to solve most electrical issues. There may be electrical fixes that can be done on our own but the majority of the jobs are hazardous by nature. Thus there are electrical problem indicators that require the service of knowledgeable and highly skilled licensed electricians.
The good news is; if you are living in or around Arvada and Denver areas, you can always entrust the problem in the hands of these Denver electricians without hurting your wallet. ElectriCall is a reliable and affordable electrical service provider that can tackle all sorts of electrical emergency needs. All it takes is dialing our phone number to access the service of the real pros.
Prioritize your safety; immediately seek an electrical repair company once you notice any of the 11 common electrical problem indicators below:
1. SPARKING WIRES OR OUTLETS. Such sparks are not normal and more often than not, the chances of them leading to fire or causing serious damage to appliances or electrical components are high without immediate professional attention.
2. THE SMELL OF BURNING PLASTIC. If your sense of smell detected a burning plastic odor, chances are something is burning at the moment and it could be your wireworks behind the walls. As soon as you notice one, always remember to turn off your circuit breaker and prompt your trusted electrician nearby first before checking where the source of the smell is. And if the smell continues to bother which is implying an ongoing fire, call 911 right away.
3. CIRCUIT BREAKERS TRIPPING FREQUENTLY. Breakers automatically trip once they detect an overloaded circuit. They do this to prevent wires from overheating in order to prevent a fire from potentially taking place. On that note, a frequently tripping circuit breaker should immediately raise a red flag as this can be an indication that some components in your electrical system are defective. This is an issue only licensed electricians are versed in dissecting.
4. BUZZING NOISE. The majority of electrical problems do not yield a buzzing noise. However, if there is a buzzing noise and it seemingly comes from any electrical device or outlet, then an urgent response is necessary. A good electrician will initially check if there is loose wiring in your circuit box and one by one, he will test the components using the right electrical tools he is equipped with.
5. BLOWN FUSE. There are many probable causes of a blown fuse but neither of them can be fixed using a DIY approach. Such conditions can only be aided professionally after a thorough diagnosis. A blown fuse may be easily replaceable but if its ultimate root is not eradicated, bigger, harmful threats may arise in the future.
6. LOOSE POWER OUTLETS. Where there is a loose power outlet, there is a high chance that a loose connection is likewise present. When it comes to electrical systems, any loosely installed or placed component can pose a dangerous threat to health and safety, especially to the kids. But never even attempt to fix your loose outlet on your own unless you are a licensed electrician or you are armed with enough knowledge and skills to do so. You don’t want to be electrocuted, do you?
7. Outdated Electrical System. Frayed or damaged wiring in the house may be left unattended for a long time until burning odours come up and serious consequences like fire happen. Fortunately, you can avoid this by following proper preventive measures like having a professional electrical team inspect and check your electrical system on a periodic basis. It pays to be proactive.
8. DAMAGED APPLIANCE COMPONENTS. Some appliances like your HVAC unit require dedicated outlets or power sources. Unless you’re a licensed repair specialist and you have the right equipment and tools to use, never attempt to repair these components on your own and just leave the job to the pros. If any of the electrical components are damaged, then call your local electrician. This will guarantee not only your safety but also high quality of work that will prevent the same problem from recurring.
9. EASILY HEATING ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS. Circuits or switches that are warm to touch can indicate that at least one electrical component is overloaded. Unfortunately, warm circuit or switch problems can magnify, potentially increasing the risk of electrocution of whoever gets to touch them. Do not reach this point; seek professional help right away. Your electrician will help you through your component fix or upgrade.
10. FLICKERING LIGHTS. A constantly flickering light not only gives pain to the eye but can also jeopardize safety especially at night. Now, if any of these lights are out of reach, then you should call your trusted electrician to help you out. They have the equipment to change bulbs that are high, and out of reach.
11. ISOLATED POWER OUTAGE. A serious electrical problem may have pushed your circuit breaker to trip, cutting your entire power supply. Or it could be because of a blown fuse. You’ll never know the real cause and you won’t be able to get the necessary fix unless a team of professional electricians comes to your rescue to locate and fix the culprit. It’s a job only professionals can carry out.
Any of these electrical problem indicators necessitate urgent attention. Therefore, there is no such thing as a harmless delay and it can definitely pose serious threats to you and your loved ones’ safety and your property. Do not let this happen. For reliable and quality electrical services, call us at ElectriCall. Our team of licensed, seasoned electricians are committed to getting the job right to ensure your safety. For years now, we have been the most trusted electrical company in Colorado for a reason. Save our number today. One day, you’ll be very thankful you did.